Importance of Garage Door Opener Maintenance
Here is a little trivia: the largest moving mechanized equipment in your home is the all-important garage door. Although many people take this for granted, the garage door is an essential part of your home. Why is this so? It is because it’s used several times a day, every single day. It also serves as a main entry and exit point, probably more than your front door.
The garage door also serves as security, since your garage holds valuable possessions such as your vehicles, and usually some other lawn and garden equipment, and seasonal sports equipment. Since we need to secure our belongings, our garage door needs to be properly locked and closed, especially during the ungodly hours of the night.
Your garage door opener, which is what we use to open and close our garage door, is an all-important tool since this is what you use to control your garage doors. Since it is a mechanical or electromechanical device (depending on the brand and model) with many intricate parts, you need to properly take care of it.
Now that we have established the importance of the garage door in your home, we realize that it is important to properly maintain our garage door opener in order to make it work properly. Just like any other mechanical equipment, it needs to be maintained periodically. This is to prevent major breakdowns in the future and so that it operates smoothly. A properly maintained garage door opener can last for years. There many different ways to effectively carry out garage door opener maintenance Houston.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance Tips
Here are some preventive maintenance measures for your garage door opener:
- There are certain lubrication requirements for your garage door opener, especially for important parts such as the rollers, hinges, springs, and tracks.
- Some garage door parts need to be adjusted periodically. There are also adjustment details that could be found in the manufacturer’s manual.
- Aside from the actual opener, we should also have regular inspection of garage door hardware such as rollers, cables and door springs.
- Testing of the opener should be done, especially if you have a household full of children, who may have carelessly used some buttons. Another test that should be done is the force setting of the opener. This is performed by simply holding the bottom of the door as it closes. If the door does not reverse at once, the door needs adjusting. One more test that should be done is the 1-inch reversing test. Lay down a 2×4 wooden slab on the floor, directly on the door’s path. Activate the door, and if fails to stop as hits the wood, there is something defective with the opener and it needs repair.
These garage door opener maintenance tips should be done periodically. The best frequency is to check monthly for most of the mechanical functions. If you have a busy schedule, it is a good thing to schedule a monthly maintenance check with a professional garage door opener maintenance service company. If you live in the vicinity of Houston, Texas, Garage Doors Houston can send their professional technicians to regularly conduct thorough maintenance checks on your garage door opener.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance from Genie
To ensure the safety and security of your home, frequent garage door opener maintenance must be done. In order to get the best maintenance service for your garage door opener, trusted companies should be your partner.
Genie, a renowned American brand that manufactures garage door opening systems, suggests these garage door opener maintenance tips. Genie sure knows what it’s doing since it is known for its dependability, high quality, and commitment to innovation. Here’s their expert advice on garage door opener maintenance:
- Maintenance varies by model. It is best to check the maintenance manual that comes with the product package. If you cannot find it, you can always download the manual from the company website.
- Check door springs and other hardware. It would be hard to automatically or electronically open a garage door if the springs and other hardware are broken. When this happens, professionals should be contacted for expert advice and service.
- Check door balance. The first thing to do when you want to check this is to close the door, then release carriage from drive system and pull down the emergency release knob. After that, you should raise door at around 3 feet, and it should be raised manually. If the door stays in this position, then it is fine. When the door moves, then something must be wrong with it. It usually takes a professional to sort out this problem.
The Genie garage door opener maintenance Houston list will be able to help you have some do-it-yourself maintenance check with your garage door opener.
Need Help Regarding Garage Door?
Talk to M.G.A Garage Door Experts today and find a solution to your garage door needs.
Garage Door Opener Maintenance Services
To ensure that your garage door opener is operating properly, a periodic maintenance check should be done. While the Genie garage door opener maintenance list is quite helpful, ideally, it should be done monthly. The reason behind this is because garage door openers are used so frequently, mostly twice a day or more. If our openers are not checked and maintained, there might be untimely issues that might crop up. As most issues usually arise at the worst possible time, we should strive to be diligent with preventive maintenance. Since busy schedules sometimes prevent us from doing maintenance tasks for our garage door opener, it would be helpful to ask assistance from professional garage door opener maintenance services.
You could actually set up an appointment with M.G.A Garage Door Repair Houston TX for their staff to come over to your house to do maintenance check on your garage door opener. Appointments can be done online, by filling up a form on their website that includes your preferred time and date of visit. When you submit the form, you should get a confirmation and a call from customer service representatives. What’s good about M.G.A. is that they are quite flexible with scheduling, since they are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The great thing about M.G.A. is that they have been doing this for 10 years. With this experience, and with the company’s commitment to quality and excellent customer service, it is really one of the best garage door maintenance and repair service providers in the Houston area.